Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Paradise Regained At Online Dating Sites

Life was hard and uncertain after I lost my wife Susan in a car accident. Fortunately, my son and I survived the crash, but our life was never the same. Though I was leading a lonely life, I was more concerned about my son Thomas. Bringing him up and managing my job schedule simultaneously was a difficult task. Often my mother and neighbours would help us, but times were still tough. Anyhow, I had to look for a permanent solution for this problem and solve my loneliness at the same time. All my friends and family members suggested me to remarry. They tried to fix some dates for me, but nothing worked out. I didn’t like any of those girls, none could compare to Susan. Finally, Arnold, a guy from my neighbourhood, suggested that I visit the online dating sites.

Well, I had never thought of the option earlier. I had heard from my friends that online dating sites were a great place to meet people from different parts of the world. I never had even considered it before, besides, I was too busy with my job and family to think about that. Apparently, many of my friends have been members of the online dating sites and they seem to be having a lot of fun. Some of them also have succeeded in settling down with “the one”. “Could it really work for me?” I asked myself. I had to rid myself of this loneliness, so, finally, I decided to check out a few online dating sites that my friends used.

It didn’t take me long to pick up the concept, I was having fun creating profiles and speaking to other women again, it was refreshing. I was hoping to find someone that was similar to Susan, (personality-wise) it was bit difficult, but I found there are many interesting profiles. I sent messages to some of my selected profiles and was excited when all of them replied. I continued sending messages to them. After some days, I had managed to befriend three beautiful girls, they are still my friends. All of them are well educated, intelligent and successful. Within 2 months of our friendship and online chats I exchanged phone numbers with each of them and expressed my interest to meet them individually.

When, I met Liza, the first girl I met on the online dating sites, I felt that she is the one I was looking for. She has a beautiful figure and gorgeous look, but what I really respected was her intelligence. It was during our first meeting that I fell in love. She was affectionate and responsible; she was also excited to meet Thomas.

We’ve been seeing each other regularly for about 9 months now and I’m going to propose to her during our next date. I had no idea that online dating sites could ever help me find another person to love.

My thanks go out to online dating sites!

No comments: