Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Miracles Do Happen at Free Dating Sites!

Do you believe in fairytale stories? I am sure as a girl all of us believe in those stories more or less. Stories like that of Cinderella still excite us even today. But it was my best friend Joan, who made me believe that fairy tale like happy ending also happens in real life. Wanna know what is Joan’s story? Well here it is. Joan comes from a very poor family. Her father died when she was quite young and her mother had a hard time in bringing up Joan and her siblings. We became friends while we were in junior school. Due to poor financial condition, Joan couldn’t pursue higher studies and had to do odd jobs quite early in life to support her family.

There was a certain determination, a belief to get going attitude in Joan that I admire a lot. Joan was very pretty too and was blessed with a perfect figure. At 20, she was doing 2 part time jobs as waitress at a local restaurant and bar, pursuing her passion in singing, and even bearing her 2 kid brother’s educational expenditure. Naturally she hardly was left any time to enjoy on dating and all like other girls of her age. One day I suggested her to try online dating. I had tried it by then and I was quite enjoying this unique concept of dating. As there are many free dating sites available, she won’t have to worry about expenditure and all. Joan looked interested after knowing about free dating sites.

She registered in one of the prominent free dating sites. Soon enough she started getting response and even called me one day to say thanks for suggesting the free dating sites idea. Then she told me that there is someone really special who she met on the free dating site and now like him a lot. I was happy to hear that. Again she called me some days later and this time asked me if she could borrow an expensive dress of mine? I said yes but asked her why she would need my dress? Then she told me that, the guy Nick, about whom she told me last time that she met him on that free dating site, would like to take her on a luxury cruise dinner on their first physical date. I was happy but then suddenly realized, that the guy seemed to a Richie, so had Joan told him everything about her own condition? On my asking, Joan sounded guilty and replied that she had lied to him that she is a very rich woman.

Even though I was shocked, I hold on to myself and suggested Joan tells the truth to the guy if she actually loves him. If it’s just a casual fling, then it doesn’t matter. Guess what, Joan called me last evening and told me that even after she told everything about her, Nick still loves her and had even proposed her! They are gonna get married soon. Now isn’t it a Cinderella style happy ending; oops I mean a new beginning to their happily married life!

No comments: