Monday, December 22, 2008

IS it really tough to understand what women want?

It’s really interesting to see how online dating is shaping the lives of millions of people around the world. Every one of us comes across some kind of funny incidents that become a part of our everlasting memory. I, being a writer, love learning from others experiences and put them down here for others to learn too. I have seen many of friends and acquaintances being related to online dating in some way or other. Here is a little experience of Cara, my neighbor, who has a nice experience to share…

I have seen it men often find it really difficult to understand what women want in real. Do women always want their men to be attentive to them all the time? Is constant praising, wooing is what women want? How to know if your woman is in no mood for sex? I am sure most of men have no idea about these. Often my boy friend teases me about my sympathy for men. He says I should be their love guru. I guess that not a bad idea after all. Most of my male friends seek my suggestion to understand what their women want. Like the other day, my friend Mike called me even when I was busy getting ready my papers for a business meeting. He said it’s very urgent, hence I couldn’t deny him. Then he told me, his girl friend is upset with him and even not telling him what reason is. I was surprised for I know her girlfriend and she is not that kinda girl who would react without any reason. I asked Mike to think carefully and after much thinking he told me, “nothing of any serious matter, it’s just that last weekend when I was out with my friends at the bar, she called me a couple of times but I disconnected her call”, but she must have called just like that coz she never raised that issue after that”.

I smiled coz now I could understand the real problem that was there. what women want is constant security, this feeling that their loved ones are with them, if not physically, then virtually. And please if you want to argue that what women want is constant attention and all, you are strongly mistaken. All they want is a sense of security that you are there for them. See I am a woman and may be that’s why I can understand their psychology better. When a woman is in a relationship, her boyfriend, lover or fiancée is the center of her world. So it’s natural for her to expect that the guy should give her some importance at least. In case of Mike’s girl friend, it was only natural to react coz Mike was not in any business meeting to ignore her calls, he was just chilling out with his friends. Imagine how Mike or any other guy would react if his girlfriend ignores him like that. It’s always easier when you are on a safe side.

Anyways after I explained the point to Mike, he realized his mistake. The following evening, he managed to woo his girl friend once again and took her to a romantic dinner. I am really happy for them. So guys, the point is if your relationship is in trouble, try to analyze your acts, may be somewhere you are at the wrong end. And yes, before reacting, it’s definitely worth thinking from women’s prospective also. Once you realize this, it’s not that tough to understand what women want actually! I hope my friends are gonna read this and that includes my Boy friend too!

No comments: