Monday, December 15, 2008

Meet your Soul-mate at Online Dating!

I found my soul-mate through online dating. It was a close friend that had introduced me to online dating. I was quite successful, you know like any other woman in Canada in her early 30s. I had a successful career, a decent home filled with decent furnishing. But never had much luck with relationships. I’ve dated a few guys, but it just never works out. Friends often compare me to Sarah Jessica Parker from Sex and the City, and the constant failure in relationships has made me pretty desperate. I was so sick of dates ending in failure.

I was on the verge of breakdown, when I bumped into a friend in a cocktail party. We were once very close during university as we shared the same dorm room. But afterwards we lost touch. It was great to see her after such a long time. But I must confess when she introduced me to her boyfriend, I was a bit jealous. He was quite a handsome man! Lucky girl, when I complemented her, she asked me about my date. I responded with “Well, I am single for a while,” but that’s all I could say. When she repeated the question, I smiled and tried to avoid the subject. She called me the very next day and asked me to meet for a cup of coffee. Even though I had second thoughts of about not going to meet my friend, I gave in for old time’s sake.

Any ideas what the first thing she asked me was? I wouldn’t have shared my problems with anyone else, but she was a good friend, and I trusted her, so I told her of my failure in relationships. After listening patiently, she casually suggested that I try online dating. Even before I could protest, she insisted that online dating is much different than normal dating. She explained how she had been having the same trouble, but that she heard from a trustworthy friend about a reliable online dating site, so she gave it a shot, and that’s how she met her current boyfriend. I decided to try it out later on that night.

I created my profile in a couple of popular online dating sites. I met and dated quite a few interesting guys through these online dating sites before I met my husband Paul. We dated for about 6months and then got married last Christmas. Today I can’t ask anything more in life for I have found my best friend and soul-mate in Paul. Thank you online dating; you’ve brought sunshine into my life!

No comments: