Thursday, December 11, 2008

Looking for Dates? -Turn to Dating sites

When my family moved to Canada during my junior school days, I was very happy. No doubt big cities offer a better living standard but I was curious to explore the life style that big cities had. Well it’s been a decade since we moved here. Now it’s more like my own place. I finished my studies here and have many friends over the years. But one thing I couldn’t crack in and that is dating. It might sound strange, but when it comes to dating, I have always been out of luck! You won’t believe I have adopted every possible trick to woo the girls I date. Starting from buying drinks to bringing bouquet and even taking my date for expensive dinner, have tried it all. But at times, maybe I’m not interesting enough for my date or at times; she doesn’t turn out to be of my type. Before you start assuming me of hopeless type, let me clarify that I’m not all that bad looking. I might not be a girl’s dream guy, Brad Pitt, but I’m just like any other average looking guy of my age.

Of lately I also started feeling a bit awkward to join my friends over dinner or a drink at the local bars coz they would be with their dates and girl friends while, I would be only one there without any date. Some of my friends even tried to set me up with their girl friend’s best friends. But even that didn’t work out. Now I even started to think that there is some serious problem in me. May be I need to go for a makeover or what? That was when I came across the dating sites concept one day. I was just referring net for some project work, when I stumbled upon an article about the dating sites. The author had written how the dating sites come as savior for lonely hearts. I got curious and when I did a bit of research to know something more about dating sites, I was shell shocked to see tens of thousands of dating sites having millions of profiles on them.

Many of the dating sites were also free, which means user doesn’t have to make a hole in his pocket to woo a girl to date. The dating sites have all provisions of registering, sending mails, messages to other profiles and one can join the chat room to initiate chat with his/her proposed date. I went through a couple of profiles on the dating sites, and had a difficulty to judge which one is better than the other for they were all so good. Wow, the dating sites seem to be rocking! I wonder, what took me all this time to get to know about it, I should have been here much before. Anyways, as they say better late than never, I am gonna try my luck on the dating sites tonight. Who knows I might be last time lucky here, and even if I don’t, at least I can chat with some Hot, gorgeous girls on these dating sites.

No comments: