Thursday, December 4, 2008

Love Does Happen On Free Date Sites

I wouldn’t say my expectations about my date are exceptional. I mean like any other girl of my age, I too dream of meeting my prince charming one day and living happily ever after. But that’s a bit far fetched dream. You can’t expect it from your every proposed date. And I would rather wait for a perfect date than to mess my evenings with a disastrous date. But my friends won’t buy my excuse of waiting for my Mr. Right. They literally pushed me into a blind date. Though I was in no mood, but I gave in to their demands ultimately.

I met my date over a candle-lit dinner. One look at him and I was cringing with the anticipation of how to spend the whole evening with him. Well he was a bit short in height and bulkier too. Considering it’s a blind date, I did try to adjust. But the boredom in his conversation was hard to tolerate. He just went on and on about his research papers which I was least interested to know. While he kept on chattering, I even gave the “why me” look to my date which he happily ignored. After one and half hours, I couldn’t take it anymore. Just in that instant, I saw one of my office colleagues walking over the lobby of the restaurant. As if god answered my prayer, I didn’t let go this excuse and send him text message to come to my rescue. He tuned up in next 5mins to take me out in pretext of some urgent talk. Once outside, I thanked my friend and drew a sigh of relief. That day I vowed I would rather be single than to go out with such blind date.

I am not saying that life as a single is easy. It’s tough especially when you have to tackle loneliness. But may be I had been single for quite some time I was getting used to it until I came across free date sites. I had heard about online dating from some of friends but never gave a thought about that. But when I saw the promo of free date sites on the Internet, I got curious to know about it. I was shocked when I found so many free date sites offering online dating services with millions of people having there profiles on these sites. It made me wonder, there might certainly be some truth about the free date sites else so many people wont’ be wasting there time here.

I also decided to give the free date sites a chance. As the date sites are free, I’ve nothing to lose even if I won’t get my kinda date. First few days on free date sites, I only browsed the sites and checked the profiles. Must say some of them were quite Hot! At last I choose 3-4 profiles and sent message to them. Surprisingly one of them replied me back instantly saying that he is online already. I joined him on chat. From the first day on chat I was attracted towards his intelligence and sense of humor. It’s been 2months since we met on the free date site and have been regularly in contact. Now we are even planning to go for an actual date. We both have realized what we feel for each other is more than friendship. I don’t know about him, but I am sure I am in love. Although no idea what future holds for us, as of now am happy to meet him and its all bcoz of free date sites.

No comments: