Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Free Online Dating Service Helps Healing Old Wound

I never thought I would find the love of my life through a free online dating service. I have been an active member in this free online dating community for quite some time and even dated a few gorgeous girls, but they were all causal flings. Maybe I wasn’t looking to be in a serious relationship. My last experience was a bit too much for me to handle. I was in a relationship for 3 years and life was proceeding smoothly. I even denied a very lucrative job offer in another city so I could be with her. She was a part-time model and wanted to make it big in the fashion arena. I used to finance her portfolio shoots and even accompanied her many times to her shoots. I felt a bit out of place in there but I wanted her to be happy and that’s why would support her every decision. I look back now and laugh at it all, what I saw as love, she saw as an opportunity to take advantage of.

Gradually she would accept longer and further away shoots, financed by me, and would be absent for days without telling me a thing. Still I tried to make it work for both of our sakes, but one day I learned she had been seeing another man on the side. A million thoughts raced through my mind about what to do. I had been experiencing a great deal of pain at this time, and decided to void all cheques she had written to hers and other agencies, I threw her out of my home and sold the car I had bought for her.

Since that week, I’ve learned to not put so much trust in women; I refrain from emotional attachment now. Casual flings and physical intimacy for some time is ok, but nothing more than that. Then I met Julia through a free online dating service. Before we met physically, I chatted a couple of times with her on the free online dating service chat room. I must say I was attracted by her intellect even from the first time we met on free online dating service chat. She was a dietician, part time writer, and painter. She also did a lot of charity work and was a very serious human rights activist. There was a special charm even in our common conversation.

Before we decided to meet over dinner I had already made up my mind not to be romantically involved with her. But by the time we had met, I found myself already growing fond of her, her intelligence and personality was simply amazing. She was gorgeous no doubt, but more than that she was a lovely human being and her honesty and straightforwardness was something to admire.

It’s been three months since we first met on the free online dating service and we are still going strong. I’m not sure what lies ahead for us, but as of now we are happy and its all thanks to the free online dating service.

No comments: