Thursday, December 11, 2008

Free Dating Site Helps Coming out Of Life’s Gloominess

All thanks to free dating site, today I am leading a content life. I don’t know where life would be if I hadn’t come across free dating site. Few years back, I was living life to the fullest had everything that any girl of my age wants in her life. At 28, was quite successful in my corporate job, was financially independent, had the most adorable boyfriend. Guess could not have asked for anything else in life.

Then suddenly the 9/11 terrorist attack happened and it changed my world overnight. My boyfriend, George was one among those few unfortunates who couldn’t make it. When I got the news of George’s death from a common friend, at first I thought it was some kinda prank George is playing with me. How could any terrorist be able to storm into and create so much havoc? But when my constant trial to get in touch with George proved futile and the news reports flashed on television, it created a chill inside me. No, it can’t happen to George, I mean how could he go like this? I was 2months pregnant then and we were even planning to get married shortly. When the news about George’s death was confirmed I collapsed and when I regained my consciousness 3days later i had another loss to bear. I lost my baby in the miscarriage. Jesus Christ, as if my sorrow wasn’t enough, you took away my baby too!

Next couple of months passed in getting over depression. George’s memory was haunting me all the time. My close knit friends were always there for me. But no matter how they tried to cheer me up, there was a constant void in my life which I knew is never gonna fill up. My friends even tried to send me on blind date to make me come out of my gloom but in vain. Then one day my best friend, Debbie E-mailed me a link about a free dating site. I had no idea what it was all about. She called me up and told me to just go through the link. I said ok and when I clicked the link, I discovered it’s my own profile on the free dating site. I was furious and was about call my friend when she I received another Email from her.

Debbie wrote she could feel what I am going through. But it’s high time that I should come out of my shock. She had pleaded me to try this free dating site only once. If I don’t like it, she won’t force me ever again. Fine, I said, and besides as the dating site is free, it’s not gonna cost me a penny. I checked my profile which my friend created on my behalf. I had few messages in my inbox. 2 of the messages I replied were online then and invited me to join in chatting. Must confess, it was a completely different experience to chat with the guys in the free dating site. It’s been 2months since then and now, free dating site is indispensible for me. It has given a new meaning to my life.

No comments: