Monday, December 22, 2008

Free online dating service helps me get rid of my deepest fear

It’s really interesting to see how online dating is shaping the lives of millions of people around the world. Every one of us comes across some kind of funny incidents that become a part of our everlasting memory. I, being a writer, love learning from others experiences and put them down here for others to learn too. I have seen many of friends and acquaintances being related to online dating in some way or other. Here is a little experience of Emily, my neighbor, who has a nice experience to share…

I had a very difficult childhood. Things were normal until my parents got separated when I was quite young. But things turned into worse when my mum got remarried. My stepfather was a complete maniac. Constant arguments between my mum and stepfather soon became a norm. He wouldn’t bother about any family responsibility and was a very violent kinda guy. Often he harmed my mum physically when he would become hyper. I couldn’t understand what my mother saw in that guy that she fall in love and got married to him. Even though I was not my mum’s best friend (I guess I could never forgive her for separating me from my dad!), but I used to feel deep sympathy for her.

It’s been long since I am on my own. But May be witnessing the bitter relationship all through my growing up years have affected me a lot. I don’t know why, but I could never feel like committing to a relationship. I am quite good looking with a pretty good figure and height, so it’s only natural that guys during my university days expressed interest to go out with me. Initially when I was saying No to them, my friends would think it’s only because I don’t like these guys. But when it happened each time, they had a strong doubt that something else is the problem. How can it be possible that no guy is up to my preferred choice criteria? They even tried to set me on blind date with the best friends of their boy friend. But I would refuse each time by citing any lame excuse.

I never confided about my bitter childhood to anyone except my best friend Juliet who was my friend from junior school days. She could very well understand what my real problem was. It’s not that I hate guys or like any particular guy, it’s about my lack of trust on them. i could not just rely on them. So one day on our meeting over coffee, she suggested me about free online dating service. I was surprised at first as how she could advice me something like online dating. But Juliet assured me that she understands me that well, that’s why she is suggesting me this. Free online dating service is not like any regular blind date setting. I would have the liberty to chat with a guy, to know him better and then decide about dating him or not.

On her constant persistence, I agreed to give free online dating service a try. After all as the online dating service was free, I had nothing to lose! I created my profile and soon enough I was flooded with messages. Some of the profiles who sent me messages were too good! I joined a few of them on chat room of the free online dating service. It’s been only a few days, and now I feel Juliet was absolutely right. Earlier I had a put a barrier between me and guys in general, that’s why I couldn’t give them a chance to reach out to me. Now with free online dating service, I feel slowly that barrier is gonna collapse. And who knows soon enough I will find someone really interesting who I would like to date!

No comments: