Thursday, December 4, 2008

Free dating- The Latest “IN” Thing!

Free dating is the latest fad among online community. Seems the concept of age old simple dating has give in completely to this free dating. However, don’t go for the literal meaning of free dating for they aren’t completely free. Before you doubt the integrity of free dating service that so many online dating sites offer, let me tell you that I’m not pointing finger at the free dating service. Ok I think it would be better if I share my personal experience with all of you. Only then you will be able to comprehend what I meant by saying that free dating isn’t completely free!

I joined this free dating bandwagon about a year ago. What made me come here? Well I was single for a while and as many of my friends were joining free dating, I thought why I would lag behind. It was something I had never tried earlier and most importantly I thought Wow, as it’s free, I can enjoy dating without paying a single penny. I was curious to know more about this online dating thing, so I browsed a few free dating sites to know more about the services they offer. The outlook, design of the free dating sites is definitely attractive enough to catch the fancy of even the first time visitors. You can send mail, messages, and even join the chat room of the free dating websites. But I was flabbergasted when I saw the whopping number of profiles on these free dating sites. Man this free dating must have some worth else why would so many guys waste their time! This inspired me more to try my luck.

I choose one prominent free dating site and created my profile on it. The whole evening I was glued onto the chat section of the free dating site. On the next day I received a message from one girl. I lost no time to check her profile; she was blonde, gorgeous just like the Playboy cover girls! I immediately messaged her to come for chatting. Even if we were chatting for the first time, we both felt an instant rapport between us. It was as if we knew each other from a long time. After chatting regularly a couple of times, we decided to go for our first physical date. I thought it would be a normal coffee table date, but she surprised me by booking a dinner table in a posh restaurant. The date was good and she even looked more gorgeous than her snap in free dating site. The constant staring from our nearby tables in the restaurant made me feel a bit proud as she is my girl for that evening! However out of chivalry, I had to pay the bill and it created a hole in my pocket. I think now you guys can understand why I was referring to the free is not so free thing about the free dating sites.

But the good thing about our date was that we both enjoyed our date thoroughly. Now she wants to go for more such dates. Guess I have to rob the bank to pay the exorbitant bills. Jokes apart, this free dating service is definitely worth a try.

No comments: