Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Waiting for My Love on Online Dating

The world of online dating is perplexing. Sometimes high expectations, achievements and sometimes failure and frustration. After all, it is a part of our life and you can’t expect only pleasure just because it is online dating. Long back, when my grand parents were dating (as they say), it was something different. Most of the time their dating would start with a blind date and it was the common way of meeting a prospective spouse. With the change of time and technology affecting every part of life, dating has also taken a new turn. We, the techno-savvy generation can’t think anything beyond our PCs or laptops. To add to this process, the online dating services are mushrooming to expand the periphery of dating on cyberspace.

I have been using online dating services since last six years. I was 19 when I signed up to one of the online dating sites. As a teenager I had a lot of expectations from the virtual dates. My idea was that online dating is a world of fun and you can enjoy in whichever way you want. Actually, my mission was to find lots of girls through online dating. All my friends had girl friends since the time they were in high school, and I was being turned down by every girl I proposed. Perhaps the problem was with my conversation skill which I really lack. Hence, I thought joining the online dating sites might bring me the pleasure of life that I had been looking for.

But the truth is, no one can guarantee you real love. The advertisement in the newspaper lauded online dating and some of the websites with pictures of couples showing all of their teeth to convey that they are happy. I was so impressed that I became determined to get my share of happiness on the online dating sites. After signing up to some of the reputed websites, I started searching for people who can match my criteria. The first girl who responded to my email was Celia. She was extremely beautiful and friendly as well. We get along with each other quickly. Perhaps, those days were the happiest days of my life.

Celia and I would chat for hours. We had developed a romantic relationship through online dating sites. She was so nice and caring… she would ask me if I was ill whenever I was late for the chat. The love and caring nature was something I was looking for and I had poured my heart to her. She was also equally in love with me and that is the reason I asked her to meet me face-to-face. She agreed; we decided the place and time. On that day I was so excited to meet her. After all, this is not online dating, but love that any emotional person like me would expect. I reached there at the pre-decided time, and waited. But I kept on waiting and she didn’t come….

I sent several emails, tried to contact her, but to end up with no result. She never came online again. This is the story of my online dating….

No comments: