Thursday, May 14, 2009

In Search of Soul-Mate through Online Dating

Many people join online dating to get Mr or Miss Right for them. I am one among the people who think that you should try every method to achieve your goals. After getting a good job and three break-ups with my ex-girl friends, it was time I should decide on getting married to someone who can truly be my soul mate, my life partner. Local searches and blind dates couldn’t help me much; I had a good time meeting some of the girls though. So I decided to join online dating in search of my life partner.

Joining online dating was not new for me. I was active on many online dating sites when I was in college. I had dates with several girls. A decade ago online dating was a new concept and many of my friends were scared of joining those sites as they were unaware of the facts and proper techniques of using the online dating services. Although I had joined online dating I had kept it a secret to my friends. I would chat with girls secretly and date with them in places where most of my friends frequent. They would feel jealous of me for I was dating new girls every time. They would ask me about the secret of dating with so many girls and even offer bribes to find out the truth. Life was wonderful!

Gradually, online dating became the talk of the town and every one joined it to meet people and find someone who can be their love or soul mate. There were some people who joined online dating for it was the trend of the day. But, these days, joining online dating has become a compulsion. People hardly get time to meet each other, let alone making friendship. The hectic schedules are making everyone neglect their existing relationships. In such a scenario it is really difficult to develop new relationships. This social change has increased the popularity of online dating among people who are looking forward to find someone special but are not able to cope with their lifestyle.

These days, I’m back to the scene of online dating. I had been out of the scene for so many years and I can feel that the online dating websites have increased a lot and there has been a radical change in the services of online dating. People joining the services have also changed and they are open to accepting the change in the social systems. The other day, when I logged in to one of the Internet dating sites, I received a message from one of the girls who is smart and beautiful as well. I was excited to get the message and her profile mentions that she can be a perfect life partner for me.

But hold on, I have to think over it and then decide. Tonight, I’m going to meet that girl; it is our first date. Online dating is really great… even though I don’t find her suitable life partner, at least I can have a chance of meeting the gorgeous lady.

No comments: