Thursday, November 20, 2008

Free Online Dating Sites with a Difference

Sometimes you come across certain ground realities which uproot your earlier belief completely. I am sure; all of you must have gone through a lean phase at one point of time or other.

I met Mark, my best friend when I joined the new Junior High school after my family moved to Canada from our home town in Nevada. We got along really well and Mark became my best friend in no time. Mark was always a bit reserved kinda guy; I concluded the reason could be his younger brother’s tragic death in a car accident. After completing our High school we moved in different ways to pursue our respective career. I was always interested in medicine so I pursued my career in medicines to and today I am a successful dentist. Mark completed his MBA and now works as a marketing consultant. We make sure we are in regular touch through mails and phone calls even though we are in different cities.

Last month Mark planned to take a 2months break before joining a new organization. As we hadn’t met from a long time, I suggested him to come and spend his vacation which Mark obliged. We were so happy to see each other after so many years. Even my girlfriend Rose, was very happy to meet him. One night out at dinner, when I asked Mark about his girl friend, I was shocked when he said he never had any. After some days, I purposely tried to introduce him to the concept of free online dating sites of which am an ardent fan. After all, I have met the love of my life, my girl friend, on this free online dating site only! I was surprised when Mark didn’t show much interest. I couldn’t follow what could be the reason that’s stopping a decent looking, physically well- built guy like Mark to try online dating. The following weekend, I forcefully register Mark on one of the popular free online dating sites, and pestered him to respond the messages he got from some interesting girls. Once again his disinterest confirmed my doubt. When I asked him straight, Mark tried to avoid the topic initially but at last relented and told me the reason simply, that he is a guy! I was shocked to the end of my life, not because of Mark’s real identity but because how could I be so unaware of it even after so many years of friendship! Now I understood may be Mark’s introvert nature and silence had something to do with this reason.

My first priority now was to comfort Mark, to make him come out of his guilt. There is no problem if you are a guy; I have seen so many guy people living a peaceful life. I was aware of quite a few free online dating sites, exclusively for guys. I introduced Mark to one such free online dating site, and even though Mark was a bit hesitant initially, he decided to give it a shot. My joy knew no bound when Mark told me about meeting an interesting guy named Joe on the free online dating sites last weekend. They are going around quite well and Mark is even planning to invite Joe for dinner to meet me. I couldn’t have been happier, and all credit goes to free online dating sites!

No comments: