Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Wonder of Free Dating Site

It was one of the most memorable days in my life, the day I bumped into my childhood crush at a free dating site. Being a basketball champion, he was the most eligible boy of our senior school. In addition he had a good height, good physique and a handsome face. Well, no wonder all the girls in our school were after him. It was a matter of pride if he chooses any girl as his date for prom night or a weekend party over a friend’s house. I would be lying if I say I never was in that race. Of course, I had a serious crush over him right from day one. I used to like his smile the most! It was so cute, attractive as well as mischievous! But unlike some other girls, I was not in the rat race to be his date.

Being a studious type, I was more engaged in labs and assignments. I was really surprised when one day he came to me in the cafeteria and initiated the talk. As I wasn’t expecting this, I didn’t know what to say. But it seemed he knew quite a lot about me and my likes and dislikes. Soon enough we became friends. Many girls of my class became so jealous of me because of his close proximity to me. And then one day he asked me to go for a date. I can’t forget that evening. It was so special. The moments we spent were so magical that I wanted time to stop there only.

I used to help him a lot in all his assignments as he was often busy with his basketball sessions. After some days I spotted him once or twice with another girl of our school. At first I thought they were just friends. But when I discovered them smooching in the lonely school corridor one day, I knew he was merely using me to help him in his assignments. I still remember how much I cried that night. Anyways, I moved on with life. But somewhere in my mind I always had this determination to win him back someday.

It’s not that I never dated anyone after that immature school dating fiasco. I met some of the very interesting men through my dates. I have been into online dating from quite some time. A free dating site is my preference over the paid ones. You get to date all the hot profiles at a free dating site and you won’t have to spend a single penny.

Last weekend while browsing the profiles in a prominent free dating site, I saw one profile which matched a lot with that of my school’s basketball champion. Though I wasn’t sure, but still I sent him message asking him if he was the same. He replied instantly in affirmative and even invited me to join him on chat. While chatting, I was surprised when he said that he could instantly remember me when he saw my message. He said he was sorry about the school thing. My joy knew no bound when he complimented me on my look. It’s been one week since we have been chatting regularly on the free dating site. Don’t know why but I have a gut feeling that he truly likes me this time. As of me, now I am more determined to win him back.

No comments: