Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Free Date Sites Fill Life’s Void

Today I and my husband Tom are celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary. So many things have changed post-marriage. In fact, the day I met Tom at one of the prominent free date sites, my life took a positive turn then only. I feel I’m very fortunate as I found such a loving and caring guy. May be it was destined, but I feel I was at the right place at the right time. My months of browsing through the free date sites were finally been paid off.

Before I met Tom at the free date site, my life was a complete mess. Having lost my parents in an accident, I was on my own since my adolescent days. With an abusive maternal uncle, life was a bit tough. But soon I started doing side jobs to support my education and in that way I made it to the university on my own. Don’t know if it’s my childhood bitterness or life’s twist and turn or both, but gradually I became very aggressive. Even though I climbed the ladder of success in my professional life, my personal life was void. It’s not that I had any dearth of guys. I have dated a quite a lot of guys. But none of the dates last more than a month.

After a stint of failures, I started reconsidering my potential. Why not even a single relationship did work for me? It’s understandable if it happens once or twice, but if it happens each time, then there is a serious problem somewhere. I tried to find out what could be the problem. I am quite good looking; well-off having a pretty good job, owns a home and car- there can’t be any problem from my side. But then there can’t be problems with all the guys whom I dated either. I was really fed up from being single. Just then, a friend suggested me the idea of free date sites.

I jumped into the free date sites to try my luck. It was interesting right from day one. Starting from the attractive graphics, designs to the HOT profiles and interactive features; I liked everything about the free date sites. After exploring a couple of prominent dating sites, I felt pity on myself for wasting my time on blind dates. Even many of the free date sites were free, so even if I won’t be lucky here, at least I would be saved from paying hefty amount unlike the speed dating thing.

I met Tom in the chat room of a free date site. I won’t say we were attracted to each other right from day one. We started off as chat friends and gradually realized what we feel is something deeper. I was surprised as how I could share all my office problems with Tom and ask his suggestion too! When Tom would often compliment me for being courageous and having made it on my own, I used to feel so special. We got married 1year after we met at the free date site. Today I’m a better person and contend with life; all thanks to Tom’s love. But there is also some else to thank for, and that is the free date sites!

No comments: