Monday, February 2, 2009

Online Dating Sites Make Impossible Possible

Life has been full of twist and turn for me. Born in India, I was adopted by my foster parents and brought back to the States when I was just a toddler. My initial growing up years was very confusing for me. Even though every possible amenity was there for me, I used to feel a bit out of place in my surroundings. My skin color, hair color; everything was so different than the rest of children in my locality. Although I understood why I was different than the rest as I grew up, but somehow the inferiority complex I had in my mindset could never let go of me. May be that’s why I have never been successful in my dates. Until I was introduced to the online dating sites by my friend, I had virtually stayed single.

Today when I look back I realize what a stupid I was. Its not that girls never showed interests on me, in fact a lot of them did. But I never encouraged their advances. The weekend hang out with friends at local bars was a favorite hunting place to watch out for girls. Usually my friends would jostle to get the best girls there, but strangely I would prefer to be with the company of my drink. My friends even literally pushed me into blind dates, but as usual it also didn’t work out. Often my friends would cajole me of being a guy and at one period, I even started doubting myself. Well no offence to the guy society, but I had never felt in that way. So I was desperate to prove my potential before my friends. It was then that my friend told me about online dating sites.

Browsing a couple of online dating sites was an eye opener for me. I had no idea such an easier as well as interesting means of dating was existed just within a click away. Even many of the online dating sites are free, means I can date and I won’t have to spend a single penny. I lost no time and registered in one of the prominent online dating sites.

Must confess, initially I had no idea what to expect from these online dating sites. But when I browsed a couple of profiles, I couldn’t resist my attraction. I decided start from the chat room of the online dating site. Right from the 1st day, it was an awesome experience. I enjoyed so much that I had no idea that I had already been chatting from the last 2hours! Anyways, during chatting, I interacted frequently with a girl named Jessica. She was blonde n all, but I liked her sense of humor most. Gradually we both felt we have deeper feelings towards each other. I was so surprised when I found that Jessica liked me more for my Asian origin. All the years of inhibition that I had about myself was disappeared that day. It’s been 3months since we met at the online dating site and we are still going strong. Looks like I won the battle against myself and my friends also no longer can tease me.

No comments: