Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My First Online Dating Experience

I would like to share my experience on online dating. It was not more than a month that I had joined the online dating site. I met Roger, on the second day of joining the online dating site. After chatting with him for some days, he called me to ask if I would like to go for a long drive with him the next evening. All these days I had enjoyed his company and it was altogether a new experience for me. So, I readily agreed.

Initially, I was nervous and I could feel the butterfly in my stomach, but after some time he turned out to be a good and caring friend. It was a great evening. He drove the car on the highway and I enjoyed my first dating with such a nice man. We talked a lot about almost everything- family, education and occupation. I just held my breath when he told me that he was in the process of getting a divorce. He stopped the car in the middle of the road and told that his married life has been shattered and now that he is on his way to splits ville, he wants a real friend in his life. I felt that he should have told me about this earlier, while chatting online. He had told me that he was already divorced. I was no more interested to talk to this man.

After coming back from the long drive I locked myself in the room and tried to find someone else through online dating. Since the day, I had been dating with so many boys I met on online dating sites. There had been numerous experiences- good and bad. But I couldn’t forget Roger, the man I had a date with for the first time. We would meet online and had exchanged few calls, but I had never thought of meeting him after that. I knew the online dating sites are all about fun and I shouldn’t think seriously about him.

Days went on and I forgot everything about Roger as I was busy with my own life, I kept on meeting people through online dating though. The other day, I was just back from my office and got a call from Roger. He told me that he had been to skiing and ended up breaking his leg in the process. First, I tried to ignore his call as my heart didn’t allow me to trust the man. But, on a second thought, I decided to meet him in the hospital. I felt terrible for him as I found him lying in the hospital bed in a miserable condition. A feeling of remorse and self-pity was clearly visible on his face.

Again and again, he tried to convince me that he was sorry and he is divorced now. This time I trusted him and we exchanged a couple of kisses to say that we are friends again. Well, I can say that online dating experiences are really enjoyable. It’s all about fun and I love enjoying them again and gain.

No comments: