Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Experiencing Online Dating, It’s The Trend of the Day

My access to the Internet was limited to emails and searching of specific information. I had heard of online dating but had never tried of it, lack of time or you can say lack of interest. My co-workers would tag me “boring” and I least bothered about them. But the real problem of my life began when I moved in to this new town for a special project. In my hometown I had many friend s who would accompany me after the office hours. But the new place was horrifying, no friends to talk to; I would feel so lonely amidst the strangers. Then only I thought of online dating bit seriously because there was no other way out.

Getting into the online dating sites and using their services is not a rocket science and even I didn’t have to burn the midnight oil to know about its procedure. But being skeptical by nature I looked for tips and guidelines of online dating. There were thousands of articles available describing different aspects of online dating and also I went through experiences of other people who have used online dating services. It was not surprising for me that people have given bad remarks about online dating but there were many good remarks as well. For sometime I thought of giving up the idea of online dating, but again I decided to give it a shot before coming to a conclusion.

Anyways, I was out there on the net to spend my leisure, I’ve already spend three days in reading many interesting articles, and the next move is to taste online dating. While using the online dating sites and its services little did I know that my expedition is going to give me the happiest moments of my life. The first experience of online dating was really nice. I selected some of the profiles I liked and sent messages to each of them. They reciprocated in a friendly manner and it was an amazing experience for me. I would spend each evening chatting with my online friends; it was a great fun. I could know about the cultures and traditions of some other countries through the friends as well.

One day, when I logged in to one of the online dating sites that I was using I found a message from a girl. Before adding her to my friends list I visited her profile and it was exciting. She is hot! Well, I took no time to accept her message and within few days we became good friends. Gradually, we grew closer to each other and shared everything personal through online dating. I miss her when she is not there online and it is a different experience altogether. Perhaps I’m in love! We have exchanged our phone numbers and I’ve called her a couple of times. Tonight, I’m going to ask her to fix a date so that we can meet personally. I’m excited for the moment when she will come online and we’ll talk about our first date.

Online dating has given a new dimension to my life.

No comments: