Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dating Sites are Full of Pleasant Surprises

Now-a-days many people throng to dating sites to find the perfect date for them. Dating online through dating sites is something that more and more people are looking into because it is relatively risk free. Who wants to waste time out on the town with a date that may or may not work out? Instead, now you have the option of looking for people at the dating sites and choosing to interact with them for a period of time before you decide to meet them. What’s more, there are many dating sites which are free. It means no credit card charges, no bills, no hassle; you can just enjoy online dating at these sites.

Well so far so good, but when I look at my friends, they seem to have gone crazy about these dating sites. I used to wonder, what the fuss is all about. What makes my friends so impulsive? In fact my best friend Robby is completely addicted to these dating sites. He doesn’t even look for any serious relationship or true love, but still he would hover around these dating sites whenever he gets time. Being a fitness instructor, Robby had a pretty good reputation among women at his gym. And as far as I know Robby, he wouldn’t miss any chance to have a nice time with the women who frequent to his gym. Then why the craziness for the dating sites? One day upon my asking, Robby told me there is a special charm at the dating sites which is not there in casual dating. Imagine liking someone only by interacting with her and without meeting her. Of course all the time, your choice won’t turn out to be good and you know you did a mistake ultimately when you decide to meet your date. But then it also happens in blind dates.

Don’t know why but after what Robby told me about dating sites, I felt a bit influenced. It’s been a while since I was single. So I thought of giving dating sites a shot. I chose a prominent free dating site so that even if I won’t find any date of my choice I have nothing to lose. The design, features, profiles; everything about the dating site was captivating. After registering at the dating site, I decided to start from the chat room. The dating site had a staggering number of profiles chatting then. I joined them and before I knew, I was there for four long hours! Now I understood why my friends were crazy about the dating sites.

Soon I followed the footsteps of my other friends. My days are not complete if I am not online at the dating site for some time. I met some very interesting guys there. However, of late I have a huge crush on Jack, whom I met at a chat room of the dating site some days back. I guess he also likes me a lot. Don’t know what the future holds for me, but as of now I am enjoying my dating experience at the dating site.

No comments: