Friday, January 30, 2009

Datehookup Was A Great Leveler

Online dating can be a great leveler- I didn’t know this until I joined the singles forum on datehookup.com. About 5 years ago when I was in the university, I was in search of girl who I could hook up with in real. I tried several ways of finding myself a girl who could vibe with me. I went to the bars, on blind dates set up by Jack, my close buddy, and even tried my luck at a few single networks. I sure had a blast with all of them, but I was never able to find that someone who I could feel like spending the rest of my life with. I went on a ton of dates and even hooked up many single girls, it was all real fun being a part of those things. But at the end of it all, I would ask myself this question – what am I heading for?

This was when drew myself away from all those things and started thinking of trying to hook up with someone in a different way – I came with the idea of giving online dating a shot. So, I joined datehookup.com with the faintest of the idea on how to go about it. It was Jack who taught me how to set up my profile and browse along profiles of other members to see if some really appeal to you. After spending some time on it, I started sending messages to the other members and even got some from other members. But, I had little idea on what the next step should be.

One find day, I decided that I should join the singles forum on datehookup.com. I was actually trying to explore the options to bump into someone randomly and then mysteriously fall in love with her. I introduced myself to other members and then headed straight to the ‘Profile Reviews’ section where I could increase my chance of being reviewed by other members quickly. This worked out and I started getting lots of messages in my inbox the next month. It was overwhelming, so I asked Jack what I should do. He suggested that I wait and watch. Since I was focused on having a long-term relationship, I chose not to mess around with many and select only a few to see whom I could be really compatible with.

I started chatting with a few females on datehookup.com. Yana, of the several females, seemed very cordial and charming in her behavior. She had a great profile but she had no photo. We got really close and decided to meet each other offline. We both scheduled to meet at café near our university. My curious to meet her in person was at its height. I also had planned to ask her for a movie together afterwards. When I entered the café and gave her a call to confirm her arrival, she said she was already in, and told me to turn back. But, lo and behold – it was a lady of around 45. She smiled at me and I didn’t know what to do so I smiled back, but deep inside I knew it was the worst day of my life. I came straight back home after the disastrous day, taking the experience with a pinch of salt.

No comments: