Friday, January 30, 2009

Online Dating Fills Life with Joy

I never knew the meaning of true love until I met my girl friend, Sarah on an online dating site. Before I met Sarah six months back, life was a complete mess for me. I was into a relationship and I really wanted it to work. But my then girlfriend had some other plans. She was into modeling and I had full support for her. However, things took a turn once she got pregnant. She didn’t want the child, and I want didn’t want to abort my baby. It was one of the happiest days in my life when my daughter was born. I had expected that after the birth of our baby, things would change for betterment. But guess I was wrong. When my daughter was only 6months old, her mother abandoned her to pursue her dream in the modeling world. I felt hurt, devastated initially but as I had a toddler to take care of, I didn’t have much time to ponder about what happened with me!

Time went by and soon Jenny (my daughter) became a six year chubby and cute girl. Life was good, for we are there for each other. Jenny doesn’t miss her mum so much coz I have always tried to be there with her whenever she needed me. About me, I was happy as Jenny was there for me. But of late, I had started feeling a bit lonely. I never got the time to be in a relationship earlier and frankly I wasn’t looking for it then with Jenny occupying most of my time. But now with Jenny grown up a bit, I was missing the companionship of someone. Then I got the idea of online dating from a friend. Initially I had no hope of bumping into my soul mate there. All I was looking for is having a casual dating experience.

I joined a leading online dating site. Starting from the first day it was a mind boggling experience for me. I joined the chat room of the online dating site and had a nice time chatting with some very interesting women there. After some days, I got a message from a profile who invited me to join her in the chat room. She was Sarah. When I met her for the first time in the chat room of the online dating site, I couldn’t feel any vibe. She seemed to be a nice, warm and friendly person. But gradually as we continued meeting day after day, I was amazed by her intellectuality. After 3months of chatting at the online dating site, we decided to meet for our first date outside the online dating site.

I was happily surprised when Sarah suggested meeting me at my home over dinner coz she wanted to meet Jenny. I was anticipating how Jenny would react, but to my surprise they got along very well even from the first time they met. Now Sarah frequents our home and treats Jenny just like her daughter. Jenny also often stays at her home at night. Though I feel a bit left out with their being close to each other, I am happy that Jenny has someone who gives her motherly love. Now we are planning to get married soon. Thanks to online dating, today life is looking afresh for me!

No comments: