Monday, July 13, 2009

Visualizing a New Horizon on the Online Dating Sites

Two years down the line, I was totally a different person. I was deeply mourning the untimely death of my wife who was everything for me. It was as if my world had come to an end. To worsen the situation, the company I was working with gave me a pink slip following the trends of other recession-hit companies. All these things left me succumb to loneliness and alcohol. I was unable to decide what to do and what not. Sometimes, my relatives would drop in to pay a visit. But, they too have their own personal life and had to go back to their own places.

Once, my cousin, Neil, from the nearby place stopped by at my home on his way to his office. He found me under the effect of alcohol and suggested me joining online dating sites. I had no confidence in me and therefore, I was unable to face the interviews and get a job again to survive. Neil’s idea didn’t give me the excitement that I ought to have at that time. I had joined many online dating sites and had enjoyed my life out there. But this time the situation was different. I lacked the key factor in life- self confidence.

Before I could decide, Neil brought my laptop to me and typed in the names of some of the online dating sites and created my profiles on some of them. Neil, I can say, is a great online dater. He has the skill of creating first impression by starting a conversation; he is also a nice person. There are many girls out there on the online dating sites Neil had a date with. With some guidance from this expert I started my new journey of dating online. I was not a teenager, neither I was in a hurry to get someone immediately. Hence, I preferred to go slowly, viewing the profiles and then sending requests. Thanks to the great idea of Neil, that not only reduced my bad habit of drinking alcohol, but eliminated my loneliness and took me to a different world.

I don’t know whether I’ll be able to get someone I love, but online dating sites have really opened numerous doors for me to find ways out of my lifestyle. Before three months, I could manage to get a job in a small business firm. These days, I’m spending my times on online dating sites after my working hours. I have got many friends through online dating. There are some girls, who are interested to meet me face-to-face. I hope it is a great idea for this weekend. Now, I can feel that there are numerous reasons of living a life. It doesn’t end with someone’s death.

I’m an active member of some of the online dating sites on which I contribute my blogs. In fact, many members of the sites came to know me through these blogs. Yes, I’ll think of starting a new life as soon as I get someone perfect for me. Thanks to the online dating sites.

No comments: