Friday, July 3, 2009

Online Dating Can Be A Boon For Youngsters

My name is Larry. Do you know how I met my favorite date? It was through online dating. My life on the dating scene has been full of experiences; both happy and sad. I have met many girls on these sites. With some, I enjoyed having a great time for about 6 months or more and with some, it didn’t even lift off the ground. But I have always been fond of finding partners through the internet. You never know when you might meet Ms. Right. Well, this time I seem to have found my girl. Her name is Joanna. She lives with her parents a good hundred and ten mile from my house.

We met through online dating. Joanna had seen my profile and had sent me a message. She seemed to be a good looking girl and so I wrote back to her. Her hobbies included mountaineering and bungee jumping. She was more of the adventurous sort. Although I was not into these sports but I liked watching them. Baseball was more to my liking. In fact, she came visiting the first time on the day I had a baseball match with another college. I just had time to welcome her and make her sit in the gallery. Throughout the match, my eyes were on her. She seemed to be enjoying herself. I played exceptionally well that day and our college won the match.

We went to a nearby restaurant to celebrate. She had to return back home so we finished the celebrations in a hurry. We spent some time talking about our hobbies and our studies. We signed off by promising to meet again. After about a few weeks, she invited me to watch her in a bungee jumping contest for charity. I jumped on the opportunity. The game was already underway when I reached the place. I waited until they called out her name. And then somehow my heart was in my mouth. I was surprised to find my heart beating faster than normal. When she jumped from that great height, I was praying that everything went well.

Well after that day, I never ventured going to another of her bungee jumping contests. We kept up our online dating and reaching out to each other over the great distance which separated us. It was a great cause of anxiety for us also that we could not meet frequently. We had our stolen moments at a friend’s house near her house. The more we met, the more grew our necessity to be with each other. But the problem is that both of us are studying in college and we need to complete our studies and get absorbed in good jobs.

Meanwhile, our online dating continued unabated. We thought the time had come to get introduced to our respective parents. I was very nervous the day I met her parents. But they seemed to be warm-hearted people who talked and joked a lot. They seemed to be happy with me but prompted me to finish my studies in time.

This has been the story of my life so far. Online dating has been a lot of fun for me and I am waiting to see what the future has in store for me.

No comments: