Saturday, July 11, 2009

Free dating sites: A safe haven for first time daters

All my life I had heard of online dating. I could hardly wait till I was eighteen to sign up in one of the sites. I had seen my elder sister have several dates through these free dating sites and I was desperate to try my luck. So eventually when I got the opportunity, I ventured down the search list and came across a guy named Terry. He seemed to be an extrovert and shared the same interests that I did. I wrote him a message asking him to be my friend. He seemed to be online for he replied back immediately. We chatted a lot and I ended the day in high spirits.

The next day I could hardly wait to be back on the chat with Terry. He too belonged to the same place as I did and we fixed up a place to meet. We were so excited that we could hardly talk. We had dinner together and he left me home. Before we could bid goodbye, we found ourselves reaching out for each other. It was something magical. I experienced the first kiss of my life. I felt I could go on forever but the thought of my parents getting up brought me to my senses. I was enjoying the benefits of joining free dating sites.

After that, we always found some excuse to be with each other. Our madness reached such a height that we eventually searched for a place to spend one night together. My friend’s place turned out to be an ideal place. She was out with her date for the night. I can hardly describe the urgency that we had. Everything was over within a few minutes. As we lay exhausted, we promised to find many more such occasions. In the meantime, we spend some days chatting over the free dating sites.

After about a month or so, I noticed Terry not coming online as often as he used to. I rang him up but he said something about being too busy. I waited for him but slowly I could sense him slipping away from the relationship. I was completely confused. What had I done to receive such treatment? I turned to free dating sites, but Terry was to be found nowhere. My heart broke and I cried endlessly. I was so hurt that I locked myself up in my room and went nowhere at all.

My mother could not bear my distress and made me tell her the whole happening. She was very supportive and told me to forget Terry as a bad dream. Such things happened but it was not the end of life. She narrated some of the similar events in her life and told me to keep up my hopes. After all, she had met my father through one of these free dating sites. There was still hope for me. I just had to bide my time. My knight in shining armor was sure to come one day. Till then, I had to be a good girl, complete my studies and yes, still search for good friends in my life. Who knows? I might meet my dream boy anytime any day.

No comments: