Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Let Your Heart Go Free On Free Dating Sites

When I first heard about free dating sites, there were many frightening stories which came along with it. The first of these stories was that only ruffians signed up on these sites. No one who had any self respect would get involved in any of these sites. Again another story was that there was no security in these sites. Once you signed up on any site, your personal information was everywhere on the web. Anyone could have access to it and hence you could not live in peace. But with time, all these stories have come to an end. Most of the youngsters today use these free dating sitesto make friends who may be just casual ones, or even to find life partners to last a lifetime.

In my case, I joined many free dating sites to make casual acquaintances with people. I made many friends who shared the same interests as I do. Sometimes I chose friends who were very different from me. I got to learn a lot about the variety of life from my online friends. Sometimes I used to get a bit naughty with my girlfriends. But everything was for fun. One of these girls was Fanny. She was a very vibrant personality eager to make friends. I enquired about her hobbies and learnt that she was a great fan of pop music, Michael Jackson being her favorite.

A few weeks after that, I learnt that there was a show of Michael Jackson to be held in our city. Immediately I booked two tickets and invited her over. That night when I chatted with her and told her she was overcome with happiness and was rapturous about meeting her idol. My heart gave a small squeeze thinking she was not interested in seeing me. I did not know whether to be jealous of Michael Jackson or feel hurt that Fanny had not thought of me. Anyway, I waited for the D-day with mixed feelings in my heart. My friendship over the free dating sites was about to be tested.

The day finally arrived. I waited at the predetermined place. She gave me a call on the mobile. I signaled to her that I was standing next to the coffee shop. I recognized her instantly. She was a blonde, slender in body and having a beautiful oval shaped face. Her eyes were a deep ocean blue. She wore blue denims and a pink tank top. I must say that my heart fluttered to see her. I was instantly drawn to her. I tried to find out about her feelings but she was raving all about seeing Michael Jackson. She thanked me again and again for giving her the opportunity to meet her heartthrob. I remembered her profile in the free dating sites and closely associated her with the image that I had formed of her.

The show was a hit. We celebrated the success over dinner. Fanny was very happy that day. After a few more minutes she started taking notice of me. Just when we got talking about ourselves, it was time for her to go. From that day onwards I am still waiting for some signal from her. Till then, I will continue to chat with her on the free dating sites. There is still fond hope in my heart that Fanny will return my feelings and we will have a great time again.

No comments: