Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Free Dating Sites Bring Two Heartbroken Souls Together

It was some time back that Amy left me. She died in her sleep. She had been ailing for more than a year. It was a case of cancer of the stomach. I had accepted the fact that she would leave me some day, but when the actual event occurred, I was left shattered. I did not know how to face life without my Amy. She was my strength and she took great care of me. In fact, she had pampered me to no end. My only daughter, Beth came to stay with me for some time but had to leave due to her domestic activities. She forced me to go along with her. In fact, it was about six months after Amy’s death that Beth introduced to me to free dating sites.

In the beginning I refused to listen to her. How on earth could anybody replace my Amy? But she explained that there was nothing wrong in searching for someone who could understand my emotions and be a friend to me for the rest of my life. After a lot of persuasion, one day, I finally agreed to surf the net for free dating sites. I did not like the description of anybody of my age. I gave up on the search very soon. But Beth literally goaded me to try again. This time I had success. I came across the profile of a woman who had also been left alone in this world by her husband.

I wrote her a message saying I wanted to befriend her. The next day, I saw that she had replied back. Her name was Mary and she too lived in the same city that I did. Her interests included gardening and cooking. She was very fond of making Italian dishes. Well, I too loved Italian food. We got discussing our common interests and soon we had developed a liking for each other. After a few more such chats across the free dating sites, we decided to meet. We fixed up a restaurant in between both our houses for our meeting place.

Before I went to meet her, I took a look at Amy’s picture hanging in my room. She seemed to smile at me and I could almost sense a twinkle in her eyes. I bade her good bye and set out to meet Mary. She was a thin and short lady with a mouth that broke out into the loveliest smile. She was very well dressed. If I had any feelings about how to start a conversation, it was laid to rest immediately. Mary put me at ease. She explained the circumstances of her husband’s death and we were soon talking about Amy, Beth and Mary’s son, Allen. Thanks to free dating sites, I was happy again.

The wedding took place at a church near my house. Only Beth, her husband, Allen and his wife attended the wedding. It was a subdued affair. I must say that I have never regretted marrying Mary and am enjoying a second honeymoon with my new wife. The free dating sites were a blessing for us. It gave new life to two heartbroken souls.

No comments: