Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It is Essential to be Careful in Online Dating

For everyone out there for online dating, the article is a pointer. Most of us are eager to use innovative techniques, but hardly anyone of us bother to balance its upsides and downsides. Online dating is one of the best services that allow you to meet people across the world, make friendship, or develop long-term relationship with them. The online dating sites are developed with host of facilities for the users for their conveniences. But, if you are not aware of rules on those sites you may end up with problems for yourself. I am going to share my experience in online dating.

Just a minor mistake and the world is no more the same. It was just lack of smart work that led me to a heart break after a romantic relationship. Two years ago, I was in love with a man, Jack, I met on an online dating site. Although he was not the first person I met through the site, I had developed a romantic relationship with him after talking to him for many occasions. Before I met Jack, I had several dates with other boys I met through online dating. I had never had a bad experience dating any of them. Probably, that is why I was a little careless about getting more information about Jack.

Overall, Jack was a nice person; we got along easily with each other soon after we met on the online dating site. After chatting online for few days, we had exchanged our phone numbers. He would call me every evening and we would talk for long. We had video chats twice and this handsome man had attracted me with his personality. I was head over hill in love with Jack.

It was on our sixth date that the real identity of Jack unveiled before me. After having our dinner in a restaurant we were about to leave while Jack hold me tight to exchanged couple of kisses. Suddenly, Jeime, one of my friends, came inside the restaurant and she was stunned to find us there. Actually, Jack was Jeime’s husband and they had married before couple of months. As I had not attended her marriage and hence, I couldn’t recognize Jack. It was really an embarrassing situation for me. Had I done a Google search about Jack I could have known more about him. After that incident Jeime divorced Jack and I started hating him more than I had loved him.

Many online dating sites respect your privacy and try every means to filter the spammers. Still there are some people who can’t leave their habit of ding mischievous acts. You don’t know who they are and what their intentions are. Sitting at the other end of the computer they can mislead you with information. Hence, it is essential to do thorough research of the person before you meet them personally. Online dating is not meant to plunge anyone into troubles; rather, they have a wide range of application apart from developing relationships. The users need to be careful about certain things to create wonderful online dating experiences.

No comments: