Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thanks to Online Dating

There are still numerous misconceptions associated with online dating. Many people think it is not safe. But can you name a place on the earth where you are really safe? Anyways, it depends on the way you use online dating. For me online dating sites have been a great source of friends.

I still remember the days when I was new to online dating. I had no idea how to break the ice with strangers and I was also scared of revealing my name and other information on a website. How silly? Today, I can say myself an experienced online dater. I’ve experienced the joys and sorrows of life through online dating. Sounds ridiculous? It’s true.

I have many virtual friends, I have been making friends since the day I joined online dating sites. There is a girl, Leily, from my neighboring city; pretty, smart, slim and … well, there are many more words to describe her. I met her on an online dating site before 2 years. We would chat a lot for long. We had shared our telephone numbers as well. Talking to her over phone would be more exciting than watching a hot Hollywood Flick. Many times we would plan for date, but the destiny would bring an obstacle in our way. One year ago, I had a trip to her city for a business meetings; I was really excited to meet her.

One evening, I called her to meet me in the nearest pub. It was my first date with her and I wanted to make it memorable for her and me as well. I had taken a bouquet for her. Man alive…. I was stunned to see her, she was looking really gorgeous in the red (she’s extremely beautiful). She was also overjoyed and it was reflected on her face. We spent some exciting moments and exchanged a couple of kisses. I stayed in the city for nearly a month and we would meet everyday after our first date. One day, I took her for skiing and we spent wonderful moments there as well.

After coming back to my home town I missed her a lot. Although we would chat through online dating sites and talk over telephone the way I was enjoying her presence was missing in my life. But the almighty had planned something else for me and before six months I was pink-slipped following the trend of the economic meltdown. Searching a new job is really a difficult task for anyone in the current scenario.

I shared my problems with Leily and she solved it within a second. Surprised? Well, Leily’s father was planning to start his own business and looking for a smart manager. They asked me to join their business and I readily agreed to it. Now I’m staying with Leily and her family.

Earlier, I was thinking that online dating can build relations only. But in my case, it has solved the basic necessity of a man as well- getting a job. Anyways, thanks to online dating.

No comments: