Thursday, June 4, 2009

Patience is the Key to Success in Online Dating

Starting from the very first day of my online dating career, I have found that it is a concept for one and all. When everything in our life has become part of the technology, why not dating? The Internet is creating a convenient space for the new age, techno-savvy daters to find their prospective match online. Keeping with the pace of technology, I’ve also joined the online dating sites where millions of people have fun and enjoy their lives`. Today, I feel proud of being one among the millions of people in the cyberspace who have achieved success in their chase for love.

Two years back when I heard about online dating, I was scared of joining the sites that are providing such services. My friends would laugh at me for following traditional dating techniques. But I was satisfied with my style of dating until the last year when I joined online dating after being ditched by my ex-girlfriend. The loneliness was killing me from inside and I was longing to free myself from the burden. I was badly in need of going back to the greener pasture. Hence I joined the online dating sites so that I can find someone special and start a long-term relationship with them.

Life is uncertain and so is online dating. You can’t be sure when you are going to meet your prospective partner or love while being in the cyberspace. But patience is the key to success. Believe it or not, you can enjoy the real pleasure of dating only if you have patience. Earlier I was expecting that I would get someone to chat with and have date from the very first day of joining online dating. But, after joining the sites I found that things are not the same as I assumed them to be. It was not easy to talk to any hot girl; the girls I would try to contact either ignore or decline my interest.

I tried several times, but found no one. I went through the profiles of the girls, sent emails and tried to chat with them, but got few responses. I felt that this was not something I was in the online dating for. Hence, I thought of quitting the online dating sites. But before leaving I wanted to give it another shot. It was on the third month of joining the sites that I sent an interesting email to a girl named Aura. And the next day she replied to my email expressing her interest in my profile. Not only that, I also received three messages from other girls who I had written earlier.

Since that day, there is no looking back in my online dating career. I have numerous friends in my friends’ list, most of them are girls. I enjoy chatting with them. But it is my patience that has made everything possible for me. Of course online dating will provide you a platform to meet thousands of people, but it is your patience that will determine your success in this field.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Online dating makes everything a lot easier, as you can easily meet up with anyone all over the world in just a matter of a few clicks. I too found some good friends through Chemistry.com