Thursday, June 25, 2009

Can You Find A True Friend Through Free Dating Sites?

Somehow, I had lost the zeal to join free dating sites. I had been a failure in the many attempts that I had taken to find a true friend and confidante. Most of them had turned out to be interested in just one thing; sex. Although I was not averse to having sex, but that was not the only thing I desired. Consequently, I lost interest in joining free dating sites because I was thoroughly disillusioned by them. But things took a turn after my friend, Clara, came to stay with me for the weekend.

Clara was always browsing the net and had joined several free dating sites. She was dating Ken whom she had come across in one of these dating sites. After getting to know each other well, they had met in a park. They got along like a house on fire. Both were poles apart as far as interests were concerned but still were happy together. Just like unlike poles attract, so did Clara and Ken. Ken was an avid basketball player and Clara never left an opportunity to see his matches. She was constantly by his side, egging him on in his pursuits. Similarly, Ken attended the art exhibition which Clara gave to put all her paintings on sale.

When Clara came to visit me for the weekend, she was to meet Ken. When she returned, she had a huge diamond solitaire on her finger and a catchy grin on her face. Ken and proposed and she had accepted with pleasure. They were a perfect couple. She took me to meet Ken the next day and we hit it off immediately. He seemed to be a nice guy who was head-over-heels in love with Clara. I was very happy for them. And then slowly came back my inclination to go back to the free dating sites.

There were several messages in my folder. When I checked them, I found an invitation from an old friend of mine. I was both surprised and happy. I wrote back to him asking him how he had been. He was also very happy to find me and intimated that he had had an unlucky marriage. His wife had passed away from cancer. It was too late when they found out about her illness and she passed away. Harry was sad because of that incident and shared his innermost thoughts with me. After a few days, he came visiting me and we spent an evening out.

Both of us were happy to have met through the free dating sites. We talked a lot about our previous days in college and how we had fun with our common friends. We both returned home feeling rejuvenated. After a few more meetings, Harry proposed to me and I accepted happily. After one more year, we finally tied the knot in the presence of our very close friends. Harry turned out to be a very considerate guy, both in real life and in love. I finally found what I had always yearned for: a true friend and confidante. We have been married for 2 years now and never forget to thank the free dating sites due to which we could meet.

No comments: