Saturday, April 18, 2009

Let Me Give Online Dating Another Shot

I’m enjoying my comeback to the online dating landscape after a gap of two years. My comeback has really changed my life; I’m feeling more confident than ever and having a blast every time I log in to the online dating sites.

You might be eager to know about the reasons of my disappearance from the world of online dating and again coming back to the same arena. A long story made short, I started using the services of online dating four years back, when I was a student in the university. It was an exciting turn of my life when I met John for the first time through online dating. The first message that he sent to me was so attractive that I fell in love with him. I did the greatest mistake of my life by rushing into a relationship without taking much time to know about him.

I would long to chat with him every time I logged in to the online dating sites. He was very friendly and had a great sense of humor. I was really impressed with his way of talking whenever he was talking over phone. Gradually, we got closer to each other and went on with our romantic relationship. I still remember the day when I met him in person for the first time. I felt that online dating was easier than that as the butterflies in my stomach knew no bounds at that time. But, it was an exciting date indeed. After that we had several dates; the pizzeria at the outskirts of the town would be our favorite hang out. By the time I completed my graduation we tied our nuptial bond, which was not a ceremonious occasion though.

But our marriage didn’t last more than six months and we broke up before we could enjoy our married life. Perhaps, we lacked the compatibility that is essential for soul mates. Whatever it was, it took a long time for me to overcome the trauma and I took up a job to support myself.

On the other day, while strolling down the roads of the park I came across John; he was with another girl and he said that they met each other through online dating. I was surprised initially, but then thought that everyone has a right to live their lives the way they want. The feeling impelled me to come back to the greener pastures and enjoy life with online dating.

Within two years, the online dating landscape has changed a lot. People have changed their perception about online dating; they have become open minded and are taking the whole concept of online dating as an evolution of the socialization process. These days, more and more people are joining online dating and enjoying life out there. Even, the online dating sites have grown mature with their services. They are competing with each other to attract more visitors with varieties of offerings.

Anyway, I’m confident that this time I will meet someone special through online dating and start a long-lasting relationship with him.

No comments: