Saturday, April 4, 2009

Free Dating Sites Are Safe When You Follow The Rules

Over the past few decades, the popularity of the free dating sites has been growing among the people of all age groups and from every walk of life. The busy work schedules, narrowing socialization and increasing expectations have reduced the chances of individuals to meet others and develop relationships with compatible mates. In such a scenario, the free dating sites have created increasing opportunities for the people to meet other individuals online and develop social or romantic relationships. Many people are skeptical about joining free dating sites because of the unpleasant experiences that are published on the web. But then, every single thing has its own way of operation and as long as you follow the rules, you are safe.


The first time I heard about free dating sites, it was a negative experience of my friend. She had been on the free dating sites for a few months and had a romantic relationship with a boy who she met through online dating. After dating each other for twice or thrice, they had a sexual relationship. And, after that the boy ditched my friend and there was no news of his whereabouts. Of course, it was a traumatic experience for my friend, but she can’t deny the fact that she was equally responsible for the trouble as she plunged into the relationship hastily without having much information about the other person.


My personal experiences have taught me many important lessons in my life- good and bad. That is the reason I definitely give a new thing or idea a shot, to experience it and form my own opinion about it. I tried to find what all the fuss about free dating sites was. Being a perfectionist myself, I didn’t leave any single instruction and tip unread on the free dating sites that I selected for free dating. While creating my profiles, I followed the rules about what to provide and what not to.


The first person I sent a message was a boy who was in the third year of his graduation, named Arnold. He sent his response in a very decent way and it was the beginning of my journey on the free dating sites. I added many people to my friends’ list and had nice relationships with all of them. I remember the day when for the first time Arnold asked me to join him for skiing. I googled his name and tried to collect all the information and match it with the data that he had provided on the free dating sites. When I was assured of everything being alright, I agreed to join him. We spent a great time together and it was really an awesome experience for me.


Arnold is still my friend after two years of meeting him on the free dating sites, and I’m thankful to the sites and their services. Hence, I can say that free dating sites are safe if you are following the right track.

No comments: