Thursday, January 7, 2010

Free Dating Sites: Good Advice

“You should try free dating sites.”

That is what a friend told me to do about two years ago. The first thought that ran through my head was of course, “I’m not that much of a loser.” I mean, I always pictured free dating sites to be for forty-year old men who play Dungeons and Dragons in their grandmother’s basements. Being a twenty-three year old man who lived in an efficiency apartment, I thought I had at least another twenty years before I had to “settle” for free dating sites.

But loneliness can do some funny things to a person. I had just moved to Phoenix, Arizona and I didn’t know anyone besides the people I worked with. Let’s just say, as far as women went, my job had no talent whatsoever. After trying out the whole bar scene for a few months, I heard my friend’s voice in the back of my head saying “you should try free dating sites.” So I did.

One night I decided to log onto some free dating sites my friend suggested and I spent the next few hours surfing through profiles. I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised. Once again I figured that the only people who used these sites were over forty and not what one would call “normal.” Let me just tell you, I was way wrong. Right off the bat on one of the first free dating sites that I came across, I found some really interesting profiles and not crazy cat-lady kind of interesting either.

In fact, one of the first profiles I came across was for a woman named Lisa. She was also new to the Phoenix area and was looking for a fun and interesting person to hang out with. She had all the same interests that I did. She loved football, enjoyed hiking and camping, and even kayaking! She even admitted to be skeptical of these free dating sites too. I continued looking through the rest of the profiles, but found myself going back to hers.

That same night I sent her a message letting her know that I saw her profile and was interested in maybe talking sometime. I checked out some other free dating sites, but couldn’t take my mind off of Lisa. Needless to say I was pumped when she replied back. We talked through the chat room on the free dating site, e-mails, and on the phone for the next few weeks and after about a month we finally went on a date. She was amazing. Everything I was looking for in a girl: fun, attractive, intelligent, and witty.

Skip ahead a few years and here we are, engaged to be married. We have a wedding planned for summer of next year after she’s graduated from college. It’s crazy to think that had I not listened to my friend’s advice about going onto free dating sites, Lisa and I would have never met. Not to sound corny, but fate really does exist. I think our generation is just lucky enough to have the internet to help it along.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It’s really great to know that you found your partner through online dating. There are thousands of successful marriages and relationships which have developed for singles who found each other through online dating sites.

Regards,
Seduction Revolution

Unknown said...

A lot of interesting reading here! Too late if you haven’t joined still. But better late than never. In the western world me I am glad I joined early.Free Dating Sites

Unknown said...

Thanks for the information and definitely beneficial advice...
But, there are plenty of people who are out there searching for
a good source for wholesome online dating sites...
the best source that i've personally found that is more
family-oriented and not as racy or sexual, is http://www.tikaspad.com
Check them out if you happen to be one of those people out there searching
for a great wholesome online dating site. If this interests you,
here's a brief description of what this dating site is all
about: "Family-oriented & focused on matching singles that have/come from broken families.
Find your perfect dating match online with the e-dating match.
Visit here: Online Dating Software