Friday, November 27, 2009

Dating Online Is Now for the Shy and Timid

Here’s my story about dating online. I'm a really quiet person, 52 years old, and until a divorce a few short years ago, I was always married. I decided I didn’t want to sit around the house and started trying to figure out how to date in this strange new world. I decided that dating online was worth a try. I started with a popular pay site that matches you on personality traits. I saw an advertisement on the television and decided to try it out. The online quizzes were fun and interesting, but the site is overwhelmingly filled with other women all looking for the same thing. Men my age were very scarce and I rarely got matches. I did get a few dates, but the guys were horrible matches for me. It was pretty expensive too.


I sat home feeling sorry for myself, but then jumped in and tried another pay site. I got a fair number of matches (more than the first site), but most of the guys I got matched with had vanished. It seems that they keep your profile on their site to make it look like they have millions of potential matches, even after you have quit them long ago. This time, I decided to stop paying for dating online and started doing a lot of research to find out where people were actually congregating. It turns out that they had figured out a lot quicker than I did, that the free sites are where everyone is at.


It’s a numbers game, after all. The more choice you have, the more chance you have of finding someone special. So I posted profiles on a number of free sites and soon found myself emailing lots of guys. I was having fun dating online, even if I never got another date. I learned how to flirt and found out what single guys my age are looking for. I learned how to spot a spammer a mile away.


Then I found KissCafe.com. It was really fun and I soon found myself spending all my time there. You can blog, post all kinds of photos, do a video, chat, ask questions, and all kinds of things to get noticed. I found that the guys on the site, as a general rule, are more honest and less sleazy than those you find at other sites. I really like that you have lots of choices about privacy options.


At KissCafe.com you can search on your own, or specify what kind of guy you are looking for and they will recommend matches for you. Dating online became so fun, it was almost addictive. Oh, and I did find the greatest guy too.

No comments: