Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Doubting Thomas

I have to admit I was a doubter when I first signed up for a dating service. I never before engaged online dating services. It was reasonably priced so I figured I had nothing to lose. The first two dates were matched pretty well. Not bad looking girls and we had similar interests. One refused to go out with me again. I promise I did nothing wrong. The other moved to Europe with a Prince or something. I guess she got lucky.

Third try was a charm. Hooray for online dating. The woman who was matched with me had nothing in common with me. She was pretty but as I stated we had no views or ideas in common. She wasn’t extreme in anything we just, how do you say, had differing tastes. We dated for about four months and finally got married. To agree with someone on everything is not necessarily the answer in seeking happiness.

I know what you must be thinking, that the marriage did not last. On the contrary, the girl was from Paraguay and spoke English well enough and we have been married for five years. We get along fine, though we still agree on very little. Two children came our way thanks to online dating.

Going by my experience online dating is very productive. There are many doubters out there who denigrate online dating, but I found it a useful tool. I do not want this to sound like a school report, but I give online dating an A+, if it found a woman for me. Online dating should be tried by all those seeking a partner. Give it a try. They are reasonably priced and do their best to find a match for you, although you must do your part too. Do not be a doubter like I was. It is a tool and if used properly will bring you happiness for your entire life.

No comments: